2. The price of petrol rose by 10% . By what percent must a person reduce consumption so that expenditure does not increase?
3. An alloy consists of 30% copper and 40% zinc, and the remaining is nickel. Find the amount of nickel in 20 kilograms of the alloy.
4. The price of petrol rose by 10% . By what percent must a person reduce consumption so that expenditure does not increase?
5. A man spends 40% of his income for his food, 15% for his clothes and 20% for house rent and saves the rest. How much percent does he save? If his income is Rs 34,400, fi nd the amount of his savings.
6. Jyothika secured 35 marks out of 50 in English and 27 marks out of 30 in Mathematics. In which subject did she get better marks and by how much?
7. A worker receives Rs 11,250 as bonus, which is 15% of his annual salary. What is his monthly salary?8. A reduction of the price of apples would enable a purchaser to get 2 kg apples more for Rs. 240
9. If A's salary is 50% more than B's salary . Then by what percent B's salary less than A's salary.