CHAPTER - TRIANGLE
CBSE TEST PAPER-1
CBSE TEST PAPER-2
1 marks questions
1. Which of the following is not a criterion for congruence of triangles?
(A) SAS (B) ASA (C) SSA (D) SSS
2 . If AB = QR, BC = PR and CA = PQ, then
(A) Δ ABC ≅ Δ PQR (B) Δ CBA ≅ Δ PRQ (C) Δ BAC ≅ Δ RPQ (D) Δ PQR ≅ Δ BCA
3 . In Δ ABC, AB = AC and ∠B = 50°. Then ∠C is equal to
(A) 40° (B) 50° (C) 80° (D) 130°
2 marks questions
1. In triangles ABC and PQR, ∠A = ∠Q and ∠B = ∠R. Which side of Δ PQR should be equal to side AB of Δ ABC so that the two triangles are congruent? Give reason for your answer.
2 . In triangles ABC and PQR, ∠A = ∠Q and ∠B = ∠R. Which side of Δ PQR should be equal to side BC of Δ ABC so that the two triangles are congruent? Give reason for your answer.
3 . AB is a line segment and line l is its perpendicular bisector. If a point P lies on l, show that P is equidistant from A and B.
3 marks questions
1. S is any point in the interior of Δ PQR. Show that SQ + SR < PQ + PR.
2. If the bisector of an angle of a triangle also bisects the opposite side, prove that the triangle is isosceles.
3. P is a point on the bisector of ∠ABC. If the line through P, parallel to BA meets BC at Q, prove that BPQ is an isosceles triangle.
4 marks questions
1. Prove that sum of any two sides of a triangle is greater than twice the median with respect to the third side
2. Show that in a quadrilateral AB + BC + CD + DA < 2 (BD + AC)
3. In a right triangle, prove that the line-segment joining the mid-point of the hypotenuse to the opposite vertex is half the hypotenuse.